Taking your look from casual to professional is easy when you have the right tools. I’ve partnered up with beauty expert, Jane So on a new series: Functional Fashion, to bring you some quick styling and beauty tips. Our mission is to give you advice that you can put to use, to get inspired to try something new, and connect with us. Mallisa Tran is new to our team and she is super video and tech savvy. You’ll have to click on the video above to see her work!
Achieve an everyday look that can easily transition to a more professional presentation. And don’t worry, even if you aren’t ‘into’ fashion and beauty products, we’ve got you! I promise!
The Blazer // Casual to Professional Tips
When it comes to fashion in Seattle, the lines are blurred between casual and professional. Most of the time you are going to be able to wear a lot of the same pieces in both scenarios. It is all in the styling and presentation.
This jacket from White House Black Market is a fresh take on a business staple. The beautiful blush color that is absolutely perfect for layering in Spring. Even though it is lined, the fabric is soft and has a good amount of stretch making it easy to wear without feeling too stiff. And the structured cut makes it ideal for going from casual to professional.
White House Black Market // Stand-Collar Zip Suiting Jacket //$150 // Available in Reg, Petite, and Plus
For a casual look:
- Pair with jeans and your favorite shirt.
- Wear heels, flats, or sandals depending on your comfort and style
For a more professional look:
- Pair with the matching pants to create a suited look
- Keep your shirt and shoes more basic and let the suit be the statement
Casual to Professional Beauty List
Whether you are going for a more natural everyday look or a more polished professional face, there are a few must have products to get you started.
- Tinted Moisturizer – acting as a hybrid between a foundation and a moisturizer, this is the perfect place to start. And as an added bonus, most have SPF to protect your skin!
- Concealer – Just a few dabs under your eyes and say goodbye to those dark circles.
- Mascara – Even the smallest lashes will dazzle with a coat of the right mascara.
- Illuminator – This is probably the thing you never knew you NEED in your makeup bag. When applied to your upper cheeks, temples, and nose, your face will have that perfect glow.
- Translucent Powder – This beauty basic helps set your look and take away any unwanted shine from oily skin.
Jane’s Beauty Faves
A product for both your lips and cheeks!! Apply a a little for an everyday look or layer it for more pigment for evening or a more professional look.
This eyeshadow palette is a go to fave product because of the versatility of the variety of colors. You will want to focus on the first 5 colors for your everyday look and use the darker silvers and grays for shadowy eye that would work for evening.
Try these tips and share how your pics with us! Keep connected and share your story using #functionalfashiontips
Follow Tannya on Instagram at @tannyabstyle
Follow Jane on Instagram at @beautyexpertjane